With Chris Gayle struggling to set aside an array of controversies surrounding him, Big Bash League club Melbourne Renegades have decided to not re-sign the West Indies controversial batsman for the T20 tournament's next season.
"You look at the CPL which becomes more important with the next World Cup being there in the Caribbean, and how many players can you get put into that tournament to get an idea of conditions. It is an advantage,"
South Africa have rested batter Temba Bavuma for their home white-ball series against India this month after a poor Cricket World Cup, but he will captain the team in the two-Test series which starts on Dec. 26.
Australian spin legend Shane Warne is set to come out of retirement and play a few matches in the Twenty20 Big Bash here even though he is yet to make up his mind on the team he would play for.
Australia's Simon Helmot has been named as the assistant coach of the new IPL franchise Hyderabad Sunrisers for the upcoming edition of the Twenty20 league.
Australian all-rounder Andrew McDonald became the fifth player to be transferred during the IPL trading window, moving from Delhi Daredevils to Royal Challengers Bangalore.
To make Big Bash League as popular as the IPL, Cricket Australia needs to get the Indian players into the competition.
Big-hitting West Indies batsman Chris Gayle is set to be banned from future Big Bash League tournaments as a fallout of his controversial TV interview with Channel 10 journalist Mel McLaughlin.
Chand will become the first Indian to feature in the Bangladesh Premier League.
West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo, on Wednesday, became the first bowler to reach the mark of 500 wickets in T20 cricket.
The in-demand Andrew McDonald announced a three-year deal last week to coach Indian Premier League side Rajasthan Royals.
A fuming Chris Gayle blasted current and former cricketers for not standing by him when he was roundly criticised for flirting with a television presenter during an interview at the Big Bash League.
West Indies batsman Chris Gayle smashed fifty from 12 balls for the Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League on Monday to match India's Yuvraj Singh's record for the fastest half-century in Twenty20 cricket.
Mandhana has established herself as among the best batters in the world in recent years.
West Indies batsman Chris Gayle has said he was joking when he asked an Australian reporter out during a live TV broadcast and said he was sorry if she was offended by the widely condemned remarks.
Aaron Finch bows out as one of his country's greatest limited-overs players and as the captain who delivered Australia a first global T20 title in the United Arab Emirates in 2021.
The ball-tampering issue resurfaced when Cameron Bancroft recently hinted in an interview that the bowlers in the team might have been aware of the plot
Glenn Maxwell thanked Cricket Australia for supporting him and insisted that he had greatly benefited from the break.
Darren Lehmann is returning to Big Bash side Brisbane Heat in his first coaching role since resigning as Australia boss in the wake of the Cape Town ball-tampering scandal.
West Indies batsman Chris Gayle wins defamation case in Australia
Australia's white-ball skipper Aaron Finch admitted that he was a 'weak link' in the team that suffered a 1-2 defeat at the hands of India in their recently-concluded One-day international series.
Maxwell, who is the captain of Melbourne Stars in the BBL, became the 13th player from the franchise to test positive for the virus.
Finch went through an eventful summer. He was appointed Australia's one-day captain in a World Cup year, before making his long-awaited Test debut. But he has since been dropped from the Test squad after failing to fire, and has not been as destructive as usual in the shorter form of the game.
West Indian batsman Marlon Samuels, who top-scored in both of the team's T20 World Cup final wins during a career that also had its share of controversies including a two-year ban for corruption, has retired from all forms of cricket.
Even as Chris Gayle filed a defamation case against a media house for allegations that he indecently exposed himself to a lady last year, an email has emerged hinting the West Indies team management knew of misbehaviour by players towards a woman during the 2015 World Cup here. The development comes a day after Gayle sought the services of a leading Australian lawyer to start defamation proceedings against Fairfax Media over allegations that he indecently exposed himself to a woman in Sydney during last year's World Cup. A report in 'Sydney Morning Herald' on Friday claimed that there was an e-mail written during the 2015 World Cup by West Indies team manager Richie Richardson asking his players 'to treat her in a professional and respectable way'.
The 21-year-old Molineux, who plays for Melbourne Renegades in the Women's Big Bash League, has requested for a break and will not be travelling with the Renegades squad to Ballarat for their match against Melbourne Stars on Saturday.
South Africa must do anything to win the T20 World Cup to held later this year, including exploring the option of bringing back the great AB de Villiers from retirement, former player Jonty Rhodes said. The 36-year-old de Villiers hasn't played international cricket for nearly two years, having announced his retirement in May 2018. It was later revealed that he made an offer to play the 50-over World Cup last year, but was turned down by the national selectors.
'But Guptill played a brilliant innings in that partnership with Kane, built a lot of momentum.'
Finch went from simply focusing on making runs and solidifying his own place in the side to being responsible for the fortunes of the entire team
Mahendra Singh Dhoni's name may be etched in the annals of Mumbai's Wankhede stadium forever.
Top-order batsman Usman Khawaja has been drafted into the Australia squad for the ongoing ODI series against India in place of opener David Warner whose wife is expecting the couple's second child. Khawaja will join the squad in Brisbane and, at this stage, will remain for matches two and three of the five-game series, at the Gabba on January 15, and at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on January 17 respectively, Cricket Australia said. National selector Rod Marsh said Warner would be welcomed back into the squad when circumstances allow.
Australia fast bowler Peter Siddle has claimed that it would be a little bit daunting at first to walk out onto the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) for the fourth and final Test against India, as it is the same ground where Phillip Hughes was struck by the deadly bouncer.
'I'd prefer to be playing cricket, but a little bit of time at home might not be the worst thing'
In-form Pakistan batsman Mohammad Hafeez returned to Pakistan's 15-member squad for the Test series against Sri Lanka, starting in the United Arab Emirates, next week. Hafeez scored three centuries in four One-Day Internationals in the ongoing series against Sri Lanka.
These and many more stunning photographs are encapsulated in this weekly, striking photo feature put together by Rediiff.com.
An extensive experience of playing the Big Bash League in Australia contributed to Jos Buttler and Alex Hales' absolute dominance over India in the T20 World Cup semi-final, said head coach Rahul Dravid.
Now, the burly left-handed West Indian announced the arrival of his new-born daughter on his Instagram page, and matter-of-factly stated that he has named her 'Blush'.
Warne, Ponting, Langer to play Twenty20 bushfire match; Serena donates Auckland winnings to help raise money.
Australia off-spinner Nathan Hauritz announced his retirement from competitive cricket on Tuesday, bringing the curtain down on a 15-year career during which he represented the national side in all three formats. Hauritz, one of the many spinners Australia turned to after the retirement of bowling great Shane Warne, did not have a state contract for the last two seasons and was used by his Big Bash League side Melbourne Renegades for one match this season. The 34-year-old failed to take a wicket in that clash, against Perth Scorchers, and conceded 29 runs in his two overs. "I was just so shattered after the game," he told reporters. "I realised I hadn't come down here to be that disappointed about a game of cricket anymore. I thought 'I don't need that anymore'. I just want to get away.